- 24 (6110 Dunlop) jumbo frets.
- 864mm. bass scale (34″).
- 400mm fretboard radius (15,75″).
- Thin “F resin” fretboard to give a precise attack without dead notes (info).
- Double way working truss-rod steel bar, allows favorite neck relief adjustment.
- Hardened multi laminated neck, made up with 0,8mm. thick wood plies, with Maple sides.
- Asymmetrical (helicoidal) neck shape for comfortable playing .
- Tilted back headstock, one piece with the neck.
- Natural or see-through color available.
- MANNE pickups (info).
Malibu: bolt-on neck, weight 4,2 kg (4 strings). With walnut top 4,2 kg, poplar top 4,1 kg.
…Spacious design with gloriously rich tones…
Guitarist Magazine, UK, February 2001
This new series is the result of the application of Manne’s ideas into a traditional and classic looking instruments. The result is a quality update with a brand new modern features of playability and performance.
“The Malibu bass is simply a great combination of classic design and modern playability and sound.
This is an amazing instrument that I am sure can bring together with a smile : vintage instruments lovers and boutique aficionados !!!
It looks like it’s 1960 again and it feels and sound like it’s 2010.
It feels solid and sturdy, every note is perfectly balanced and its playability is almost ridiculous, what more could you ask from a bass?
That it plays by itself ?….well, with this one, we’re almost there!”
Fabrizio Grossi, L.A. musician and producer.
One of the feature that sports the Manne production is the neck/body jointer, a system that allow the neck to be installed very near the body edge without the need of a heel, giving a great access and a solid connection.
We applied this system with the result of a unique upper frets access up to the 24 fret. Manne quality neck provide fast and precise playability, commonly considered one of the best necks on the markets.
Malibu basses are available in models Gloss Special and Satin Special (active, with top), Gloss and Satin (passive).
“Naked”: without pickguard. We can supply the instruments without the pickguard installed for a customized looking instrument. We include the pickguard and the screws for eventual later installation.