- 24 (6110 Dunlop) jumbo frets.
- 864mm. bass scale (34″).
- 400mm fretboard radius (15,75″).
- Thin “F resin” fretboard to give a precise attack without dead notes (info).
- Double way working truss-rod steel bar, allows favorite neck relief adjustment.
- Hardened multi laminated neck, made up with 0,8mm. thick wood plies, with Maple sides.
- Asymmetrical (helicoidal) neck shape for comfortable playing .
- Tilted back headstock, one piece with the neck.
- Natural or see-through color available.
- MANNE pickups (info).
The Woody Phantom introduces the use of mixing desk phantom power, as a power source for the bass active piezo preamp. Thru an XLR connector the bass will supply DI output and make use of the phantom power supply to give a superior signal, clarity, extended sound space and a wide even frequency range spectrum, with unsurpassed dynamics.
The ideal sensor for this new technology is the piezo system we have developed through decades of design work, with its extended sub-bass range, prompt dynamics, even sound range and sparkling transparent hi frequencies.
The Woody Phantom is a new development of the Woody models built for Daniele Camarda. We borrowed the circuit from the last development of Daniele’s 7-strings bass, with minimalistic passive volume and tone control, plus a passive filter with a pot for resistance load and 6-way rotary selector for hi bass cut condenser.
The Manne Woody project told and played by Daniele Camarda.
Daniele Camarda’s Acoustibass “Woody” project
Daniele is a great player and his visions about bass tone go further the common references. Thru the years we built him instrument going into a new sonic direction, uncommon, new, sensible to dynamic and expression nuances.
The main feature is the single Piezo pickup at bridge. The construction is based on our Acoustibass’ theory took into further more radical and “woody” side.