- 24 (6110 Dunlop) jumbo frets.
- 864mm. bass scale (34″).
- 400mm fretboard radius (15,75″).
- Thin “F resin” fretboard to give a precise attack without dead notes (info).
- Double way working truss-rod steel bar, allows favorite neck relief adjustment.
- Hardened multi laminated neck, made up with 0,8mm. thick wood plies, with Maple sides.
- Asymmetrical (helicoidal) neck shape for comfortable playing .
- Tilted back headstock, one piece with the neck.
- Natural or see-through color available.
- MANNE pickups (info).
Acoustibass: hollow body, set-in neck, weight 3,5 kg (4 strings) 4,1 kg (5 strings).
…Spacious design with gloriously rich tones…
Guitarist Magazine, UK, February 2001
There is a simple beauty about this bass that is difficult to fully appreciate until you see it in the flesh. The swallow neck profile is both comfortable and pratical for this five-stringer and the fretboard feels extra smooth beneath the fingers. The Acoustibass covers the Pino Palladino and Jaco Pastorius distinctive sounds well and a lot more besides thanks to the almost double bass-sounding acoustic tone wich, of course, isn’t usually associated with a solid body bass. If you want something a little out of the ordinary, this bass has an elegance and beauty that almost defines it as an art form…. This Acoustibass boasts a gloriously rich range of tones from pleasingly simple layout.
Guitarist UK, February 2001
For Classic fretless tone-blooming, expressive notes with low-end depth and midrange complexity- the Manne is a excellent performer.
Bass Player March 2004
This is a semi-hollow instrument, with an acoustic chamber under the bridge. The strings pass through the body and then over a saddle with a Piezo element. Then we added a magnetic pick-up in the bridge position that adds a new mellow tone. A very simple circuit, volume balance and tone, gives a broad spectrum of sounds, going from a dark, woody double bass sound, to a crisp biting sound. An unusual Bass response with character and originality.